Hello everyone! Welcome back to another post. Today I’m going to be going over the top things that kept me going in January. As I write this I’m currently battling a head-cold, so I apologize for the lack of content this week. Let me know which of my favorites you like, and leave a comment letting me know what your favorites were!
- The Vampire Diaries- At the beginning of January, I became obsessed with watching this show again! Even though I have a long way to go (I’m on season 4!), it’s still riveting. Anything sci-fi or fantasy truly captures my interest. Since I have 5 more seasons to watch, I don’t think I’ll be mentioning another show in a while haha!
- Aspen Bay Candle in Moonsparkle– I received this as a Christmas gift a year ago by a dear friend, and it’s only just now that I used it up (it doesn’t burn for a literal year, it’s just that it smelled so good I didn’t want to use it up!) The scent Moonsparkle smells so fresh and florally, and once you burn it you’re left with a sturdy metal container to hold rings or other small items. Although it is a splurge item ($15.50 for 8 oz), it shrouds your room in its delicate and mystical scent. So sad to see it go!
- American Eagle Mom Jeans– No joke, I have worn these jeans too many times! They are so much more freeing than skinny jeans, and the high waist makes it perfect to wear with any crop top. The rips add texture, and the light wash gives it a more feminine and girly side. They are so comfy/perfect for spring!
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm– This has saved my lips all winter! Even though Florida has mild winters, the cold fronts are still pretty brutal, and its natural ingredients are what make it so soothing. The scent I’ve carrying with me, blueberry/dark chocolate, smells amazing! However, they have so many more yummy smelling ones, so be sure to check out their store to find your perfect balm.
- Water Bottle– As school and life in general picks up, I find it harder and harder to maintain my water intake. Popping this bottle in my backpack 1. Takes up no room whatsoever, and 2. Is a constant reminder for me to hydrate! It keeps ice forever, and comes in so many adorable colors and patterns.
- Records/Vinyls– Ever since I got a record player for Christmas, I’ve been listening to it nonstop! My favorites so far have been The Eagles, Carpenters, and The Monkees. I hope to save money to buy more modern records, like Halsey’s Badlands or Taylor Swift’s 1989. Let me know any suggestions you have for records to get!
- Anything with Stars– Stars are a thing of the moment, and I am living for them! My favorite accessory right now is a gold star choker necklace from Forever 21, but here’s a similar one I found on Etsy to help support small businesses. Whether it be printed on shirts, earrings, shoes, or even pants, they’re a timeless print that I hope never gets old!
- Tazo Passion Tea– No joke, I’ve had a cup of this every night for a straight month. I’m an absolute sucker for fruity/floral tea, and this flavor encompasses both! It has hibiscus flower, orange zest, lemongrass, and rose hips to provide a perfect pick-me-up. Since it’s caffeine-free, I usually drink it at night when I’m doing some late night studying, when it’s too late for coffee.
- Pen Pals- LET ME TELL YOU how much I needed pen pals in my life. There’s few joys that surpass getting a hand-written message in the mail. You don’t get a lot of that nowadays, and it really sends a more personal connection out to girls all around the country. I commented on a picture on @_thegalpals‘s Instagram page (the one with all the envelopes) that I was looking for pen pals, and a sweet girl reached out to me and asked if I wanted to be in a group chat. Of course I said yes! Since then, I’ve gotten to know nine of the most sweet, God-driven girls out there. Much love to Aaliyah, Caitlin, Gracie, Abby, Kali, Summer, Ashlie, Nicole, and Faith! They’ve already given me so much happiness, and I look forward to hearing from them every day.
- Mules– If you’re trying to ball on a budget, I’d highly recommend Target’s selection. They’ve got the cutest mules for only $20, and it’s perfect if you want to experiment with fashion. The black with the gold hardware gives a classic yet modern take on this style, and is an instant pick me up for a drab outfit. You can find these styled on my Instagram page.
Thank you so much for reading! Hopefully this introduces you to some new potential favorites on your end. Be sure to stick around for my Words of the Week coming your way on Sunday (if my head permits haha).