Hello everyone! Welcome back to another blog post. I was thoroughly inspired to do a little tour of my backpack this semester from Danielle Carolan. Since I’m in Early College, I get a whole new set of classes with each half of the school year. With new classes comes new books and supplies, but there are still things that don’t seem to change. Today I’m showing you what I personally keep in my backpack that I use to survive college.
- Backpack– I absolutely love this backpack. When you start college it’s more about functionality than fashion, but the grey color seems to work with every outfit. The suede detailing adds such a classic touch, and it even has a compartment for a laptop, which I’ve utilized many times.
- Earbuds– Walking to class can be really boring sometimes. Or, I have to work on a project that includes sound while in the library. It’s just safe to always carry earbuds with you, you never know when you might have an impromptu study session.
- Wallet– My wallet contains my whole life! It contains my IDs, money for the school’s cafe, and basically any spare cash I have. Keeping a wallet with you at all times is so important, because you’ll never know when you’ll need money.
- Gum- The only cure for morning coffee breath! Another thing about college is that they don’t care if you chew gum, so it’s perfect for when I’m a little hungry.
- Lip Balm– These are comparable to Burt’s Bees. I picked one up on my mission trip to Georgia. The Key Lime one is so refreshing and smells delicious! With the winter months upon us, it’s important to keep your lips protected, so why not do it naturally?
- Oil Absorbing Sheets– While I don’t have a direct use for them since it’s still Winter, it comes in handy when I do get dewy! It prevents excess oil from building up on your face, which reduces breakouts.
- Water Bottle– Comparable to S’Well’s bottles, these water-holders really keep it cool! I swear it keeps ice forever, and it’s constantly reminding me to up my water intake.
- Pencil Pouch– This blush pink one is perfect for holding highlighters, pens, and anything else your heart desires. Pretty self explanatory, but nevertheless important.
- Computer– This is single-handedly the most important part of what I keep in my backpack. This is my entire world; where I write my essays, check grades, send emails. Every college student needs a reliable computer to help them with school work. I barely leave the house without mine anymore.
- Notebooks-I use one five-subject notebook for all of my classes because it’s all in one place, but everyone has difference methods to organizing notes and such. The ones from Five Star are the ones I’d recommend most, due to their durable pockets that come with each section. Plus, it’s a place to put stickers!
- Papermate Flairs- Undoubtedly the most wonderful pens I’ve used. They come in a million colors, and they make my handwriting look 200x better than it actually is.
- Planner– Last, but certainly the most important, is a planner!! It is the one thing besides my laptop that I use the most. Keeping your assignments and tests and life together reduces my anxiety and allows me to follow a schedule! It’s easier to visualize the days and weeks, and the bright colors are to die for.
I truly hope you enjoyed reading what I carry in my backpack! Hopefully some of these products are ones you’d like too:)